Thursday, October 16, 2008

Questions? Comments?

This week was Fall Break. First of all, I spent loads of time watching The OC. I watched some television, I played some cards, my hatred of Best Buy intensified, but one of the more productive things I did was when I called the "Questions or Comments" phone lines of some of my favorite products.
On the labels of most of your foods, you will find a "Questions and Comments" telephone number. It's good that they have this phone line, because I'm sure people have a lot of questions about these products. People might be wondering, "How am I supposed to eat this peanut butter?" No need to worry, just call the questions line.
I didn't have any questions though, I just wanted to call up a few of these companies to comment that I think they are doing a great job, and that is what I did.


1. Skippy Peanut Butter: 1-866-475-4779

I explained to a really nice lady that Skippy has mastered a smoothness in its peanut butter that other companies, especially generic brands, cannot quite catch onto. The two of us had a good conversation about how it is a good source of vitamin E, Protein, and has no cholesterol. This peanut butter will make you feel like you are rubbing clouds on your mouth.

Last Word: "Well thank you, and thank you for this terrific, creamy, product." - Craig

Spoils: I am getting some coupons and a brochure from Skippy mailed to my apartment.


2. Santitas Brand Tortilla Chips: 1-800-352-4477

I suggested to the woman helping me that I preferred the white corn to the yellow corn, because I suspect it is more salty. At this point, she admitted to me that she has never eaten a Santitas chip! I went on to explain that Santitas is cheaper than other tortilla chips without sacrificing the taste. Somehow, we got on the topic of Frito-Lay being the company at large, and how lost my family would be without original Fritos to include in my dad's taco salad. I have no idea what adverse affect loads of sodium has on my body, but I am happy that I am doing it by eating loads of these delicious chips.

Last Word: "Thank you so much, and good work to all the people who are making these chips." - Craig

Spoils: I will also be recieving some coupons from Frito-Lay. I cannot even imagine the savings I am going to encounter.

3. Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup: 1-800-257-8443

The boy on the line didn't seem very interested in my opinion of this soup, which is too bad, because I have a lot to say about this soup, as I told him, "That would be so great, and I would love to tell you all about this soup." He did not give me much of an opportunity after that to go on. This is a cheap soup, it is a good tasting soup, and is a soup that is good for dipping. That boy will never really know what I think about Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup.

Last Word: "Well I just love dipping my grilled-cheese sandwiches with this soup, I just can't get enough. So I thank you." - Craig

Spoils: I will be getting some nice coupons from Campbell's that can be used on any of their soups. My 50 cent can of condensed tomato soup just got that much more affordable.


4. Stephen's Gourmet Hot Cocoa: 1-800-845-2400

The lady on the other end of the line had no idea how to respond to my praise. So she said, "So... have you tried the candy cane one?" That exhausted all her conversation points, and I started to realize, that after exchanging two sentences, it was time for me to navigate to the end of the phone call. If you thought this hot chocolate was good while you were peddling it door to door to strange men so your school would give you a Sega Dreamcast, you were right.

Last Word: "The fact that this cocoa is made right here in Utah warms both my stomach and my heart." - Craig

Spoils: No coupons. A little cheap for a company that I built from the ground up, door by door.

Conclusion: Please feel free to call any of these companies to let them know that they are doing a good job.

8 comments:

Sarah-Ashley said...

This is a great idea. And congratulations on all of those coupons.

Melissa said...

Craig, this post is pure magic. This activity was a terrific use of your time. Your last words were outstanding.

Cassidy said...

I love that you did this. I bet the Campbell's soup kid was worried that you were making a prank call. He didn't want to appear stupid when you yelled something rude and hung up on him at the end of the phone call. He was just insecure, I am sure.
Well done on this.

Jordan said...

I absolutely loved that you included a section called spoils. Brilliant in every way.

Jarrard said...

I hope that your spoils bag only grows larger because of your wonderful compliments to your favorite items. As I mentioned earlier, my friend called Dr. Pepper® to let them know that they were his favorite drink and he got some pencils.

Bridger W. said...

I think you should do an experiment where you solely subsist on the spoils you win from complimenting these companies. Don't worry, I'll be sure to call your parents and the appropriate authorities when I find your starved, shriveled corpse on the kitchen floor.

Bridger W. said...

You inspired me to try to get free soy milk from the Silk company. I contacted them last night with words of praise via their website's contact sheet. Here's hoping.

John and Erin said...

Santita is one chip always on my kitchen shelf. What a fabulous way to show your appreciation. I'm impressed.