1. What's something new that you like?
-- At the risk of pushing everyone to the point of wanting to dash my head to pieces, I really like The OC. It might not be technically new, but it's really made a huge comeback in my life. Since I cancelled my television programming, The OC has pulled through for me during just about every mealtime. Every time I watch Anna move back to Pittsburgh my heart is ripped to shreds. Other than the OC, I really like ice cream. I feel like it's a real privilege to eat icecream nowadays.
2. What's something new that you despise?
--My car. My car and I have a very tense relationship. I have been trying my hardest to ensure it doesn't go and totally F me, but it's totally F-ing stupid. It's a big old F-ing dumb car.
3. What's a neat thing you did that made you feel great?
--Yesterday I read 80 pages of a book I'm behind on, 20 pages on another, and 5 pages on another. That was 105 pages of homework reading. I felt pretty good about that effort, because I fell asleep on my couch reading. Usually when I fall asleep doing any sort of homework I feel like I've really pushed my limits. It's a great way to convince myself that I'm not a total waste of student.
4. What's something that made you feel terrible?
--I've been reading Caleb Williams by William Godwin. I keep reading with the hope that things are going to get better at some point in the book, but I'm sure they never do. Pretty much nothing good ever happens.
5. What's a great quote you've come across recently?
--I read this in my British Literature class the other day, and I kind of liked it:
"I have heard it said that you may, when the moody fit comes on, walk or ride on by yourself, and indulge your reveries. But this looks like a breach of manners, a neglect of others, and you are thinking all the time that you ought to rejoin your party. 'Out upon such half-faced fellowhip,' say I. I like to be either entirely to myself, or entirely at the disposal of others; to talk or be silent, to walk or sit still, to be sociable or solitary."
- William Hazlitt, On Going A Journey
6. Who is a great mom?
--My mom!!! My mom is a great mom!
7. What is a word you cannot seem to get a hold of?
--"bourgeois" - I wrote a paper where I had to use this word a million times, and even today I'm not completely sure what it is supposed to mean.
8. What's something that let you down lately?
--A few writers fell through for me at the newspaper this week, which was kind of a pain, because then I have to figure out how exactly I'm going to have a page. I'm going to start writing poetry and cover the entire opinion page with it.
- The Legislature is meeting today
- I hope they have a lot to say
- I'm too busy, to my dismay
- To go and see the grand display
- It should all be over before May
9. What's something that did not let you down lately?
--I'm going to go play volleyball tonight. I have been looking forward to it for a while, and although it still has the possibility to let me down (suppose I am murdered at the game), I have high hopes.
10. Now just list some words you think sound great: