Thursday, January 15, 2009

Music Videomania!

I love a good music video. So I decided to go ahead and post a few music videos I love watching for one reason or another. I know it's hard to commit to watching several videos, but just do your best.

1. Daft Punk - Around the World - This was one of my "The Box" favorites, and it lasted for several years. These guys really know how to choreograph a dance I can appreciate. Anytime I see loads of people doing the exact same action I am totally amazed.



2. The Decemberists - Sixteen Military Wives - Bridger tells me this is based on the movie Rushmore, which I think is a really good time. This video and that comment drove me to see Rushmore for years until I finally did. It's really good publicity.



3. Kate Bush - Wuthering Height - Wow! WOW! I don't know what to do.



4. Pet Shop Boys - Go West - My first introduction to this music video was also my introduction to Dance Dance Revolution. It is this video alone that convinced me not to wad up that dance pad and light it on fire. Any time I hear this song I honestly feel like marching would be okay.



5. Blondie - Heart of Glass - Jordan showed me this the other day, and I can't stop watching it. Blondie looks like she is having a pretty good time, but I really like that it seems she isn't having TOO good of a time. I wouldn't be surprised if she just lost interest and walked off the set. One thing is for sure, she has some incredible teeth.




I would also like to mention (but copyright issues won't let me post them here apparently) this:

Billy Joel - Pressure - I used to watch Billy Joel's music videos as a kid, and this one scarred a portion of my brain enough to remain there permanantly.

Christina Aguilera - Candy Man - I'm fairly embarrassed about this one. Chrissy says some pretty unbelievable things in this song, but I think the music video is a lot of fun. There is something about World War II themed anything that really catches my eye. I can just imagine defending myself to my mom, "But MOOOMMM!! I don't even LISTEN to the LYRICS!!!!"

The Killers - Mr. Brightside - This music reminds me of Moulin Rouge, so I like it.

5 comments:

derek w. said...

I remember seeing that Daft Punk video on The Box when I was about 10 years old. I thought it was awesome then and I still like it now. Also, I like this Kate Bush vid more than the one you posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3gKKiTvjs

Regards,


Derek

Craig Barlow B. said...

Derek, thanks for your input. That Kate Bush video really does dash mine to pieces. I didn't believe it could possibly get better, and look what happened. We've both learned a valuable lesson.

Allie said...

Bridger once promised to reenact Wuthering Heights in a red dress in a field. Perhaps this summer after he returns from NY.

Jordan said...

I seriously love that Blondie one. Glad to see it on the blob.

Sarah-Ashley said...

A very fun post Craig, I was under the impression you had given blogging up, so I am glad to see you back at it.