Friday, January 30, 2009

Virginity For Sale



Most of you have probably heard about Natalie Dylan. Natalie is a student in Sacramento with a scheme to pay for a Master's degree in Psychology by selling her virginity. Last I heard, a man in Australia had bid $3.7 million.

When I learned about this, I wasn't all that surprised. It did make me think, however, how not just anyone can get away with this. Imagine me attempting this same approach to pay for law school - "Hello, I was wondering if you might be interested in my virginity? No? Do you know anyone who might?" "Hello, nice day huh? How are you? Oh fine. I'm okay. Well I'm just out trying to sell my virginity is all."




I imagine setting up a lemonade stand outside my house in South Jordan that looks like this:


I'll just hold a sign as people go by, "Hey, virginity! Do you want any of my virginity!?" And maybe next to it I'll set up a small table where I will sell friendship bracelets and interesting rocks I've found around my house.


Last thought - If Natalie Dylan can sell her virginity, why can't someone like this guy?



If virginity is truly a "priceless and rare commodity" like Natalie says it is (in her words), then you had better scoop up any of it you can find before we've run out! Virginity isn't going to be around forever! We're going to run dry!

Notes:

If you would like to bid on Natalie Dylan, you can contact her at nataliedylan@bunnyranch.com.

If you would like to bid on me or buy a real fancy rock I found, just come by my virginity stand.


6 comments:

Bridger W. said...

I estimate that my virginity is worth about .35 cents.

Sarah-Ashley said...

I hadn't heard about this. Thank you for the update. I think that girl is a real retard.

Elizabeth said...

A great post Craig. Don't be surpised when virginity stands become all the rage.

Jarrard said...

i gave up my virginity years ago.

Melissa said...

Highly entertaining, Craig.

A few months ago, I overheard a woman in a salon discussing her younger brother's virgin status with her stylist. "He never dates. He just needs to find a nice girl and get married." I thought this was pretty standard stuff until I learned this concerned sister's solution to the problem involved getting him a prostitute for Valentine's Day.

This sort of logic escapes me.

Ali said...

Craig you are hilarious! I'm so happy I found your blog!