Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dreams Do Come True

I really love Harry Potter. The fact that I'm currently enrolled in a class that spends a large portion of it's classtime discussing magic, awe, and wonderment has only made me think more about Harry Potter. If there is any doubt in your mind that I'm serious, I dare you to say it to my face:


Most people underestimate how intimidating I am when I'm dressed as a wizard.

Anyway, of all things Harry Potter, I really love Quidditch. I have spent a good portion of my life mastering the Playstation 2 game Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup. I seriously wonder if I am the best player of this game in the entire world. I would not doubt it. I really would not doubt it. The moments you spend playing me in this game will be among the most humiliating and miserable moments of your life.
Because of my unusual ability, and maybe a little bit because I specialize in a very mediocre six year old video game, it has been difficult to find anyone willing to actually play Quidditch World Cup with me for several years, so I've decided it's time to move on to the next level of Quidditch, and I've finally found it. Here it is:



This could be the best idea I've seen in a long time. I desperately want to do this. And I'm not joking, anyone who wants to do this should contact me immediately.

Final Note: Go ahead and vote on the Quidditch poll. Go ahead and do it. This arrow will direct you to where it is --------------------->

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You've just got to get into Princeton and then all your Quidditch dreams will come true.

Rebekah said...

This is 100% awesome!

Barlow Family said...

Now that's pretty awesome! :)

joN. said...

those people looked stupid... but yes, given the opportunity i would play. the snitch has got to go though. it never made any sense to me, why would you have one single aspect of a huge game render all other aspects meaningless.

we could do this though. i'll bring the hula hoops.

jaime said...

You name the time and place and I am so there to play some Quidditch with ya! That looks awesome!!!

Bridger W. said...

I don't know how to vote on that poll. When you say in real life, do you mean like the dweebs in that video, or like the wonderful wizards in the book?

Melissa said...

I think joN has a point. I think the snitch works well as a literary device, but I've always thought it wouldn't work particularly well in a sporting context. I've got to think they've modified his/her role in the real-life version.

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Dutsons said...

The best thing about all of this is that no one has yet dared to vote to challenge you to video game quidditch. It's safe to say your readers are properly intimidated.