Saturday, November 21, 2009

News With a Beat, Please

A friend who works with me was watching some of these videos, and I couldn't help but overhear. Then I went home, and watched them multiple times.

Basically, these people put voice synthesizers over the news, answering the the major question that has caused my dissatisfaction with broadcast journalism: Can't this news be delivered to me in song? I think it's a really excellent idea. This is how I want all my news to reach my ears from now on. Again, I hesitate to post videos because I think a lot of people immediately lose interest without watching them. But I think if you are true to yourself, you'll realize that not only do you have time to watch these videos, you are very interested in watching them as well.

Warning: The first movie starts a little slow, but it really gets moving once Joe Biden shows up.


Lettuce Regulation and American Blessings



Michael Jackson, Drugs, and Sarah Palin

Final Note: I posted this pretty soon after my last post, so feel free to continue on down and see what it was about. Think it over.

3 comments:

keviN said...

YESSSSSSS!!!! finally, auto tune being used in a good way!!

seriously love it.

on a slightly similar note, there's this dude that samples from old movies to make some pretty sweet beats - check this out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65PiKsNhCsc

Rebekah said...

This is a really good post, Craig. Real good.

jaime said...

I never watch the news, but I would if it was like this!! That should be a new criteria for Politicians and News Anchors...You must know how to drop a beat and sing!!...and they should all be pretty.