Monday, March 15, 2010

I Like the Part About the Dog

Today I attended my playwriting class. In my playwriting class there is a nice gal who I occasionally steal glances at. It's not because I'm wildly attracted to her, it's because I think she looks kind of like this person who starred in one of my new favorite movies, Amelie:


Unfortunately, she always seems to catch me when I look at her. I feel like I need to clarify each time she catches me: "Wow, wow. Don't get any ideas, sister. I'm just staring at your repeatedly because you look like a French movie star. Lay off."

This isn't the first time I've been in this kind of situation. I feel like there are occasionally people in my life that I can't stop looking at, just because they look really unique. Why can't these people just allow me to stare at them in peace?

Anyway, this girl wrote a one-act play for our class that dealt with the following subjects:

- Childhood sexual abuse
- A pimp killing a dog

I'm not saying it wasn't good, because everyone else in the class was on the verge of tears and hi-fives after it was read. However, I never have a clue what to say at the end of a play like that. They always ask for comments and criticism at the end, but plays like this leave me completely dumbfounded. Here are four possibilities that crossed my mind:

1. "I like when the pimp killed the dog."
2. "Have you thought about adding a dragon?"
3. "I really liked your play because it had a dog in it and I like dogs."
4. "That's not what pimps act like."

Final Note: I signed up for Twitter at the insistence of my friend Bridger. I don't know why I did it. I honestly struggle to understand what I'm supposed to be doing now that I have signed up. But if you want, you can follow me with the help of that button on the right.

7 comments:

Bridger W. said...

Any of those comments would have left me gasping on the floor. I like imagining that because you're in a class full of strangers, you can get away with lying about your knowledge of pimps.

Also, I'm so happy to see you on Twitter. I think you're already off to a great start.

Melissa said...

I think you came up with some great potential comments.

If I ever manage to get on Twitter, I'll be sure to follow you around.

jaime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jaime said...

Whoops...sorry about that deleted comment. I misspelled something and it would have driven me crazy.

I'm on Twitter as well and I don't really know what to do with it...but I do like it cause it allows me to follow Simon Pegg and hear all the witty, funny stuff he says. I love that guy!

Also, I love that movie Amelie! It's very original. I think you should just tell that girl "Hey! I'm not looking at you cause your cute all right! Your unique looking and you tell great stories about dogs! Jeez!"

Chelsey & Zach said...

Craig!! I was soo happy to see your comment! I had no idea you had a blog! You're still as clever as ever! What are you going into?!

That's awesome about your bro! Couldn't imagine having two kids right now! But I'm sure you'll have your own little bunch before you know it:)

Hope all is well!

Sara Soda said...

1- I really like that movie. My fondness of the word "stratagems" comes from that show.
2- My nephew's name is Bridger. My sister named him after a crush she had at EFY, which leads me to wonder if your friend Bridger is that very crush, because that name just isn't so common.

脣形 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.