Monday, May 10, 2010

I Can Operate a Camera

I graduated! That's exciting for a number of reasons. For one, thanks to my purchase of a black graduation gown, I can now put together a Harry Potter costume more accurately than in the past. Until I graduated with my bachelor's degree in English I only had a blue gown to double as a Hogwarts cloak. Now that I have acquired a black gown, the subtle differences between my outfit and a real-life Harry Potter outfit will be very hard to detect. I predict this will serve me well at least one more time in my life.

According to my math, I've been sick nearly 50 percent of the last month. Luckily, I'm back on the road to recovery. For weeks I've had nothing to do but visit my fiercest enemies and breath heavily into their faces.

The other day an actor at the University of Utah read the monologue I wrote in my playwriting class. I posted it earlier, so if you would like to read it, take a look. He did things a bit different than I imagined them, but I thought it was pretty good. But feel free to imagine it however you please. Here is the reading:



Editor's Note: I posted a picture link to the write to my musical project. You can check it out if you like. You can check it out every once in a while if you like.

2 comments:

Whit Roberts said...

craig, i'm glad to see we both graduated at the same time. how cute. now you can go be a lawyer and make oodles of money.

ROXY MARJ said...

HILARIOUS!!! The Mad Max part is quite funny... have not seen the movie, only the movie cover and now I am intrigued... Also, I am curious to know what this monologue would sound like given by you. ;) Good work Blake!