Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hats Off to Fashion and Charm

Today I watched some Project Runway. The main principal of Project Runway is that every time Craig says, "That's a dumb hat," Heidi Klum says, "What a fashionable hat!" Apparently, these hats...




...aren't dumb hats, they are actually really, really cool hats. Turns out wearing an inverted umbrella on your head is a really sleek fashion. So many opportunities wasted. I'm sure I'm not alone. How many rust ceramics have you failed to strap to your face? How many times have you given up the chance to wear a humongous polyester flower on your head? Now, don't you feel like a fool?

Anyway, I feel like a lot of blog-worthy thoughts have been zooming by lately, but I have struggled to remember them. Despite the fact that I occasionlly take time out of my busy schedule to film and edit instructional sexy dancing videos, I'm actually fairly busy lately. I can't just dance sexily all the time. I have to attend school now so I can protect a future full of seduction. Putting that sexy, sexy future in peril is my greatest anxiety.

Meanwhile, my friend Elizabeth recently posted a song I thought was very charming. So I've gathered 5 charming songs total. Prepare to be charmed. (3 of the 5 were made public by Elizabeth, and I am riding her coattails, figuratively and literally. Elizabeth wears the finest penguin-tail tuxedos.) You are about to be charmed to shreds:

1. The Zombies - The Way I Feel Inside



2. Steve Martin and Bernadette Peters - Tonight You Belong to Me



3. The Beatles - Honey Pie



4. Zooey Deschanel - Hello Dolly



Kyu Sakamoto - Ue O Muite Aruko

2 comments:

ROXY MARJ said...

CRAIG! I have decided I have to make a button for your blog to put on my blog so I don't forget to read your blog! You are by far one of my funniest friends! This post was hilarious!!!! Don't believe everything people in the fashion industry say... Just watch September Issue - documentary about Anna Wintour <- American Vogues Editor... she says the most ridiculous things! You will loooove this film! :)

Sara Soda said...

That is why, when I am choosing fashion shows, I choose What Not To Wear. Stacey and Clinton aren't all crazy fashion-forward like Heidi Klum and Lady Gaga (whose real name I am going to research and then start calling her that). They're more practical and say, "That makes you look skinnier, wear that," which is good fashion advice in my book.