Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Distractions

Since I've been back in Denver I have found a pretty large number of distractions that have put my life in a self-destructive, anti-social spiral. Last semester I spent a fair amount of time out and about. This semester I have found several reasons to stay safely in my apartment for hours upon hours. Let's discuss them:

1. LOST: First and foremost, I have a serious problem watching LOST. I cannot imagine going through the agony of watching this television show without having every episode immediately available on DVD. If I didn't have the choice to immediately watch the next episode of LOST whenever I want, I might be in actual, physical pain. Even though I can watch it at any pace I like, I'm still in severe emotional pain. The constantly procrastinated, and unsatisfied curiosity this TV show generates has almost definitely left me with permanant emotional trauma, kind of like what happens when mother's don't hold their babies. Watching LOST is like never being held as a baby.

I still love it, it's just ruining my life. I am currently on Season 5, Episode 14, so the pain is almost over. I'll soon be left with just the satisfaction of having finished LOST and the insatiable need for someone to hold me.



2. Pokemon Emerald: Lately I've played a little Pokemon, on Gameboy. I'm an adult. I know this isn't really socially acceptable anymore, but it's time you faced the fact that Pokemon is a great idea, and it was a fantastic video game. I'm an adult.

I'm just happy someone has finally brought Cockfighting to the masses. There was a time when only a rare few were able to understand the joys of entering a treasured pet into a ring fight for cash. Now we can all know that kind satisfaction.

This began during Christmas Break in Salt Lake City during the two-day period where I had nothing to do. I figured I'd give Pokemon another whirl. Unfortunately, once I returned to Denver, I couldn't stop completely until I finished. Luckily, today I finished. Pokemon can now rest easy knowing I will no longer be wandering through tall grass to beat the Hell out of them.



3. New Music: In the past few days I've gone on a bit of a music search. I've especially been looking for tough girl music, like the Detroit Cobras. In fact, I plan to have a upcoming blog post feature some of the swell tough girl music I've discovered. Until then, here is some of the tough guy music I've found. Be a man and listen to them.

Black Lips - Bad Kids


Black Lips - Drugs


Mister Heavenly - Mister Heavenly


Mister Heavenly - Pineapple Girl


(If you'd like to download the Mister Heavenly songs for free, go here.)

4. This is not a distraction, this is about a video I just saw. This video is about a place where there are tons of rare, white deer. The first thing I thought was that someone needs to tell the children from the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe. Have at those white stags, sons of Adam, daughters of Eve!

2 comments:

joN. said...

personally, i feel that season 3 of lost was the best. it actually would have been awesome if the show ended with the last episode of that season.

joN. said...

Oh, and also you need to check out my LOST comic book that I did at the end of season 3. http://jonmadsen.blogspot.com/2008/02/lost-series-finale-revealed.html