Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pants, Songs, and Zombies

Every once in a while a grown man has to take off his pants and play Super Nintendo in his apartment. I've decided pants can be a bit constricting, and so sometimes I don't wear them when I'm alone in my apartment. Also, I sometimes play Super Nintendo in this pantsless condition, because I'm an adult.

This becomes sort of weird, (because it wasn't before), whenever someone knocks on my door and I have to yell "just a minute" while I put my pants back on. It's even weirder if I have to admit, "yes, I just now put on pants." But no more. Next time I slowly answer my door and you think, "he just barely put on pants," don't be upset because I'm living the dream and you aren't.

But that's not the main thing I wanted to talk about. I recently made a song, and I think you should go ahead and listen to it. I recommend listening to it with headphones at a reasonably high volume. Here it is:
Get Frantic by craigblake

If you'd like to download this song for free, or listen to and download other songs I've made, feel free to visit this website. Both our dreams are about to come true.

Last, I had an argument today with a certain Brad about whether the zombies in the 2007 Will Smith zombie-thriller, I Am Legend, are zombies or vampires.

Brad's View: They are vampires.
Craig's View: They are crappy-looking zombies.

I think we both had some good points there, but I will summarize a few more by copy and pasting portions of our chat:

PRECURSOR TO DEBATE!

11:00 AM Bradley: Can u imagine a tiger zombie?
11:01 AM me: That is too awesome for me to imagine.

EARLY IN THE DEBATE!

11:05 AM Bradley: : "Amazon.com Review. One of the most influential vampire novels of the 20th century, I Am Legend regularly appears on the "10 Best" lists of numerous critical studies of the horror genre. Vampires. I rest my case."
11:06 AM me: "That's nonsense. Amazon.com reviews are written by criminals and sexual degenerates."

A FEW MINUTES LATER!

11:08 AM Bradley: "I think that would make them more ghouls, not zombies. If you are thinking of something such as night of the living dead.
11:09 AM me: "Night of the Living Dead is no ghoul movie! That's crazy talk. It's totally a zombie movie. There is no such thing as a 'Ghoul Movie.'"

A FEW MORE MINUTES LATER!

11:16 AM me: "Well, either way, in the movie, they are totally zombies. They're just crappy, over-produced zombies."
11:16 AM Bradley: "I disagree. I just Googled it. Apparently it is quite a discussion."
11:17 AM me: "I will not yield. I will not waver."
11:18 AM Bradley: "Haha. I just broke my pen out of anger."

Anyway, I think you can tell we won't be resolving this issue today. Meanwhile, here are two zombie movies I've seen that maybe you haven't. Considering it's nearly Halloween, maybe you should:

Black Sheep
- I'm not exactly sure whether I should call this a "zombie sheep" or "weresheep" movie, but it was first introduced to me as a "zombie sheep" movie. So I'm going to stick with that. Want to see a sheep drive a truck? This movie is for you. Here is the trailer:


Dead Snow - This is a movie about Nazi Zombies, which is a difficult combination to beat. Also, this movie features zombies that occasionally pop directly out of the ground with no explanation on how they strategically burrowed to that position. And that is something special. Here is that trailer:


Final Note: Every time I discuss zombies, I think it's important to post this popular picture of a zombie that looks EXACTLY like me. This zombie isn't me. I know that's hard to believe.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I side with you, Craig. I am Legend is totally a zombie movie.

And I can never get over how much that zombie looks like it could be you.

Autumn Drops said...

Craig, You are an amazing person. And a smart one. But your friend is right. They are Vampires. I read the book before the movie ever came out, and they are Vampires. But I still love you, as much as I love zombies. Which is more than most.

Sara Soda said...

They are so obviously skinless zombies. What the heck is your friend thinking?